Apple sponsored Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), which was held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates from December 7 to 11. EMNLP is a leading conference focused on natural language processing.
All EMNLP attendees were invited to stop by the Apple booth (booth number 4, located near Conference Room B of the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre) to chat with available recruiters and booth staff.
Below was the schedule of Apple sponsored workshops and events.
Wednesday December 7
- Widening Natural Language Processing
- 8:45 AM - 4:50 PM GST, Capital Suite 21B
- Yunyao Li will be participating in the sponsor lunch during the workshop.
Thursday December 8
- Data Science with Human in the Loop
- 8:55 AM - 5:30 PM GST, Capital Suite 10
- Accepted Paper: Improving Human Annotation Effectiveness for Fact Collection by Identifying the Most Relevant Answers
- Yunyao Li co-organized this workshop, and Jeff Bigham, Katherine Luna, Shen Ma, Kun Qian, and Saptarshi Guha are members of the workshop program committee.
Sunday December 11
- Non-Autoregressive Neural Machine Translation: A Call for Clarity
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM GST, Atrium
Conference Accepted Paper
Non-Autoregressive Neural Machine Translation: A Call for Clarity
Robin M. Schmidt, Telmo Pires, Stephan Peitz, Jonas Lööf
Dictation is one of the most heavily used input features on Apple devices. In our latest release, we have added auto-punctuation and emoji capabilities to dictation in 5 languages covering 13 locales. We support periods, commas, and question marks in the first version. These were identified as the top used punctuations that were explicitly dictated and also the punctuations that can be inferred from text alone. We have also added the ability to dictate frequently used emojis.
All EMNLP attendees are invited to stop by the Apple booth (booth number 4, located near Conference Room B of the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre) to experience this demo in person.
Yunyao Li co-organized the Data Science with Human in the Loop workshop.
Jeff Bigham, Katherine Luna, Shen Ma, Kun Qian, and Saptarshi Guha are members of the Data Science with Human in the Loop workshop program committee.
Rajen Chatterjee is co-organizing Automatic Post Editing shared task at the seventh conference on Machine Translation collocated with EMNLP 2022.
Let's innovate together. Build amazing machine-learned experiences with Apple. Discover opportunities for researchers, students, and developers by visiting our Work with us page.
Related readings and updates.
Apple sponsored the IEEE / CVF Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Conference (CVPR), which will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana from June 19 to 24. CVPR is an annual computer vision conference with several workshops and short courses.
Apple sponsored the Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP) conference, which was held in a hybrid format from November 7 to 11. EMNLP is a conference focused on natural language processing.