The Apple AIML Residency is a one-year program for graduates with advanced degrees, designed to spur interdisciplinary collaboration and apply it to ML-based solutions to solve new complex problems. The program supports experts in various science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields, as well as emerging ML researchers and engineers as they work collaboratively to create revolutionary machine learning and AI-powered products and experiences.
Our program welcomes a range of candidates including:
- Master’s degree graduates
- Recent PhD graduates and postdocs
- Software and hardware engineers interested in collaborating with research or ML teams
- Academics seeking a sabbatical to focus on work or research in the ML industry
- Aspiring professors seeking industry experience
Residents will gain hands-on experience as they join an AIML team for one year and work on high-impact projects that impact future Apple products and features. Residents will learn from an Apple mentor, collaborate with fellow Residents, publish at premier research venues, attend Apple-led and external technical and leadership courses, pursue independent study, and partner with research and development teams across Apple.